BIESA, Bio-inspired Expert Systems and Applications Laboratory
BIESA, Bio-inspired Expert Systems and Applications is a Laboratory inside the Interactive Technologies Institute / Larsys, Associated Laboratory, classified as Excellent since 2012, hosted by ARDITI, located at Tecnopólo in Madeira, Portugal.
This laboratory uses mostly Bio-inspired Expert Systems as a tool and found relevant applications and implementations in different areas such as Energy, Health, Sport and Electronics. Playing Lucky Joker is an additional game that you would look ahead to not to discover by the side of an online casino, on the other hand the game is presented immediately in relation to whichever casino softwares you can come across as well as the class of the graphics will certainly astonish you.
The laboratory has been in place since 2014 and within its work many students already graduate and several projects took place.
- Best Student Paper at the International Conference on Engineering Applications, 2019.
- Best Student Paper at the Energy and Sustainability in Small Developing Economies, 2019.
- NVIDIA GPU Grant Program support, 2018.
- Best Paper at the International Conference in Biomedical Engineering, 2018.
- Best Student Paper at the Energy and Sustainability in Small Developing Economies, 2018.
- Best Student Paper at the Workshop on Electronics Applications and System Integration for Future Technologies, 2018.
- Best Student Paper at the International Conference on Mathematical, 2018.
- 2017 Cátedra Telefónica da Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canária, for the work: Analysis of the quality of sleep and APNEA diagnosis from a low cost and minimal complexity artificial intelligence based system. A. G. Ravelo, S. S. Mostafa, F. Mendonça and F. Morgado-Dias.
- 2017 Publons Top 1 percent peer reviewer in the Multidisciplinary area.
- Best Student Paper at the 5th IEEE International Conference and Work Shop on Bioinspired Intelligence (IWOBI 2017).
- Poster Poster Award in the thematic area of “PV Economics, Markets and Policies”, EU PVSEC 2016.
- Best paper in Power and Energy Engineering in OPTIROB, Romania, 2015.
- Best student paper Award in the Electronic Imaging conference, SPIE Photonics West, San Francisco, USA, 2015.
- Dr. Fernão de Ornelas 2012 Prize – Technologic Innovation in the Social Area.
|Main Projects||Funding (€)|
|BASE – BAnana Sensing, in partnership with GESBA-Empresa de Gestão do Sector da Banana, PRODERAM/FEADER (1/6/2021-30/6/2023)||552,541.60|
|MTL – Marítimo Training LAB, ProCiência 14-20, (12/2019-11/2021)||1,116,027.14|
|MITIEXCELL – Improving MITI’s Excellence in R&D and leveraging international, Horizon 2020 (2015-2020)||2,436,560.17|
|Vision 3D – Portable solutions for 2D and 3D visualization for endoscopy medical intervention, +Knowledge Program with the company Awaiba||455,831.32|
|SmartSOLAR – Solar Management Platform, +Knowledge Program with the company FactorEnergia||417,201.27|
|Total Funding of the projects involving BIESA||4,978,161.5|
|Most Relevant Papers||Impact Factor|
|“A Systematic Review of Detecting Sleep Apnea using Deep Learning”, S. S. Mostafa, F. Mendonça, A. G. Ravelo-García, F. Morgado-Dias, Sensors, 2019||3.031|
|“SC3: Self Configuring Classifier Combination for Obstructive Sleep Apnea”, S. S. Mostafa, F. Mendonça, A. G. Ravelo-García, F. Morgado-Dias, Neural Computing and Applications, 2019||4.213|
|“A Review of Approaches for Sleep Quality Analysis”, F. Mendonça, S. S. Mostafa, A. G. Ravelo-García, F. Morgado-Dias and T. Penzel, IEEE Access, 2019||3.557|
|“A Review of Obstructive Sleep Apnea Detection Approaches”, F. Mendonça, S. S. Mostafa, F. Morgado-Dias, A. G. Ravelo-García, T. Penzel, IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, 2019||3.850|
|“Sleep quality estimation by cardiopulmonary coupling analysis”, F. Mendonça, S. S. Mostafa, F. Morgado-Dias, A. G. Ravelo-García, IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, 2018||3.972|
|“A global monitoring system for electricity consumption and production of household roof-top PV systems in Madeira”, R. Torabi, S. Rodrigues, N. Cafôfo, L. Pereira, F. Quintal, N. Nunes, F. Morgado-Dias, Neural Computing and Applications, 2018||4.213|
|“Machine Learning PV System Performance Analyser”, S. Rodrigues, H. Ramos, F. Morgado-Dias, Progress in Photovoltaics, 2018||6.456|
|“Devices for Home Detection of Obstructive Sleep Apnea: A Review”, F. Mendonça, S. S. Mostafa, F. Morgado-Dias, A. G. Ravelo-García, T. Penzel, Sleep Medicine Reviews, 2018||10.602|
|“Economic analysis of photovoltaic systems for the residential market under China’s new regulation”, S. Rodrigues, X. Chen, F. Morgado-Dias, Energy Policy, 2017||4.039|
|“Automatic general-purpose neural hardware generator”, F. D. Baptista and F. Morgado-Dias, Neural Computing and Applications, 2017||4.213|
|“NanEye-An Endoscopy Sensor with 3D Image Synchronization”, R. Sousa, M. Wäny, P. Santos, F. Morgado-Dias, IEEE Sensors, 2016||2.512|
|“Economic feasibility analysis of small scale PV systems in different countries”, S. Rodrigues, R. Torabi, F. Faria, N. Cafôfo, X. Chen, A. Ramezani, H. Mata-Lima and F. Morgado-Dias, Solar Energy, 2016||4.018|
|Total Accumulated Impact Factor||154.985|
We are sharing a few datasets for other researchers to try, please visit here